At seventeen my parents had to sign a "permission slip" for me to go to West Point. At twenty-one I was commissioned as an officer in the Army and moved to Alaska. Year twenty-two was spent in Afghanistan. In the first year of week twenty-three we got married, the last week of year twenty-three I got pregnant with lovely little James. Then a solo-and-pregnant move to Fort Hood, Texas. James was born, my husband returned from a tour in Afghanistan and we promptly moved to El Paso, Texas. Last fall he moved to Alabama, and last week so did James and I! We're celebrating year twenty-six by having baby boy #2 (and moving to Arizona)... and I, at long awaited last am done (after nine years) with the Army. Whoopie!
So here I sit, 34 weeks pregnant and brimming with excitement. Turns out excitement for a pregnant woman translates to food preparation. Maybe I'll get back to crafting when I have a toddler-free-zone again, but for now, bring on the eating...
No comments:
Post a Comment